PVC foam sheet | various colours
PVC Foamboard is a particularly strong plastic sheet that is available in a range of colours. PVC foam board is also popularly called foam board.
The foamed core guarantees a weight saving of no less than 50% compared to solid PVC sheets.
PVC foam boards are very versatile and easy to work with, which makes them suitable for numerous applications. They can also be used indoors and outdoors.
- Cladding of walls and ceilings
- Hanging & advertising signs
- Printed pictures for the wall
- Interior & design applications
- Storey & shop fitting
- POS/POP displays
- Exhibition stand construction & facade elements
- Advertising painting
Outside of these applications, the PVC foam boards are also good to use as insulation material due to their foamed structure and excellent insulation value.
PVC foam boards are easy to process and weigh only half as much as ordinary PVC boards.
- Sawing / milling
- Warm bending
- Screen printingApplications
- Hard cardboard, tough to brittle, foamed cell structure on the side.
- The most common colour is white, with a glossy or matt surface.
The material is self-extinguishing.
Moisture & weather resistance:
- PVC foam board is UV-stabilised and can therefore be used outdoors. Only the coloured quality can be discoloured by the sun.
- The boards can be used in all weathers for various applications. The closed cell structure excludes the formation of mould.
- Deformations may occur in full sunlight, especially with thinner sheet thicknesses.
PVC foam sheet characteristics
- Light, rigid & moisture-resistant
- Stays in form & durable
- Optimal ink adhesion and colour fastness
- Highly suitable for screen and digital printing
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Good hot formability
- Flame-retardant and self-extinguishing
- Easy to process (decoupage, punching, sawing, drilling, milling, welding, gluing, screwing and stapling)
- Easy to process (laminating, lacquering)
- Short to medium outdoor exposure times