Primo® XT light opal satin acrylic tubes
These PMMA tubes in light opal satin are made of extruded acrylate. These light opal tubes have a beautiful satin surface. This gives them an even (diffuse) surface, which is why this material is often used in combination with light, such as in luminaires. This material is optically pure, rigid, strong and easy to process.
Satin acrylic tubes can be used in various applications. Especially in the lighting industry they are often used, but also for example in decors, displays, machine parts and models.
The tube has a light transmission of approximately 80 %. We do not recommend these tubes for long-term outdoor use, as they have limited UV stabilisation. Otherwise they will eventually yellow.
These acrylic tubes are easy to work with. Anyone with some experience of working with acrylic can easily work with the tubes themselves.
This can be done in various ways: sawing, milling, hot-bending, gluing, drilling, polishing, sanding/matting and lettering.
All sheets are covered on both sides with a PE protective film.
- Coefficient of expansion: 0.6 mm/m/10ºC
- Specific gravity: 1.19 g/cm3
- Thickness tolerance: 0.4mm +/- 10% of nominal thickness Cutting tolerance: +/- 1mm Deviation
- Squareness: 1.5 mm/1m
- Emodule: 3300 MPA Fire rating: E according to E13501
- Bending strength: 1200 kg/cm
- Operating temperature: -40ºC / + 80ºC
- Edges: clean cut Protective film: